Highlighted Core Technology of the Month
Highlighted Core Technology of the Month: Proteomics Technologies
- The Antibody-based Proteomics Core (ABP) (Antibody-Based Proteomics | BCM) at Baylor College of Medicine provides targeted antibody-based proteomic platforms for both validation and protein biomarker discovery, particularly for low abundance regulatory proteins. Services provided include reverse phase protein arrays (RPPA) with > 260 antibodies for total and phosphoproteins of major cell signaling pathways and an epigenetic panel for detection of histone post-translational modifications. Luminex bead technology is also available for multiplex quantitative analysis of intracellular and extracellular signaling proteins including cytokines.
- The Mass Spectrometry Proteomics Core (MSPC) (Mass Spectrometry Proteomics | BCM) at Baylor College of Medicine provides mass spectrometry (MS) platforms for proteome profiling, characterization of post-translational modifications, and discovery of protein complexes and interactions networks. State-of-the-art Orbitrap mass spectrometers are used for quantification of 3,000-10,000 proteins in single samples or tandem mass tag multiplexed format. The core also offers development of targeted MS methods for sensitive and precise quantification of specific proteins. All services include support for sample preparation and bioinformatics analyses.
Looking for a particular piece of equipment?
Did you know that the GCC has a Shared Equipment and Resource Committee (SERC) composed of the Directors/Leaders in equipment inventory and acquisition from each of the GCC institutions? If you are looking for a particular piece of equipment, please email Suzanne Tomlinson, and the committee members will work together to try to locate it and introduce you to the PI who owns/administers it.
GCC Shared Equipment and Cores
Shared core facilities are an important benefit to members of the GCC research community.
GCC Member Institution Designated Shared Core Facilities
- Mass Spectrometry Core
- Molecular Genomics Core
- Next Generation Sequencing Core
- Transgenic Mouse Core Facility
- Sealy Center for Molecular Medicine Selected Reaction Monitoring Mass
- Clinical Research Center
- Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Inhalation Toxicology Core
- Flow Cytometry and Cell Sorting Core Lab
- Molecular Genetics Facility
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Optical Microscopy Core
- Research Histopathology
- Solution Biophysics Laboratory
- Tissue Culture Core Facility
- X-ray Crystallography Laboratory