GCC Cellular and Molecular Biophysics Scholars Program Steering Committee
The overall goal of this program is to support and enhance scholarly activities related to Cellular and Molecular Biophysics at GCC institutions and enhance the diversity of the GCC CMB program. Its voluntary membership is composed of students and postdocs who are interested in Cellular and Molecular Biophysics in the Houston/Galveston area. These students will help guide the CMB Program and bring a more diverse set of ideas to the table. Any student or postdoc at a GCC institution may join for free.
- Input in speaker suggestions for certain events
- Election of a Scholars’ representative to the main CMB Steering Committee
- An exclusive “Meet the Speaker” time slot for Scholars for open discussion with invited speakers
- Input in career development workshops and other similar events
- Waived registration fees for certain events (Disclaimer: Free registration privilege may be revoked on an individual basis for “no-show” and failure to cancel registration 48 hours in advance.)
- Eligibility for a CMB Scholars poster prize at annual symposium
- Certificate of membership
- Exclusive Scholars special events/gatherings
My research interests are to better understand the connection between the mechanics of the cells, the structure of genomes and the function of the cells, in order to provide new ways to modify cell behaviors without drugs, which may enable treatment of many disorders including cancer.