GCC Cellular and Molecular Biophysics Scholars Program Steering Committee
The overall goal of this program is to support and enhance scholarly activities related to Cellular and Molecular Biophysics at GCC institutions and enhance the diversity of the GCC CMB program. Its voluntary membership is composed of students and postdocs who are interested in Cellular and Molecular Biophysics in the Houston/Galveston area. These students will help guide the CMB Program and bring a more diverse set of ideas to the table. Any student or postdoc at a GCC institution may join for free.
To enroll, please fill out this Application Form. If you have any questions, please email Autumn Marsden.
- Input in speaker suggestions for certain events
- Election of a Scholars’ representative to the main CMB Steering Committee
- An exclusive “Meet the Speaker” time slot for Scholars for open discussion with invited speakers
- Input in career development workshops and other similar events
- Waived registration fees for certain events (Disclaimer: Free registration privilege may be revoked on an individual basis for “no-show” and failure to cancel registration 48 hours in advance.)
- Eligibility for a CMB Scholars poster prize at annual symposium
- Certificate of membership
- Exclusive Scholars special events/gatherings