27th Annual Keck Center Research Conference Call for Abstracts
How to Submit
Please submit your abstract, in the format requested below no later than Friday, October 6, 2017, at 5pm. To submit your abstract, please email your abstract, in Word format, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you submit an abstract, it will not automatically register you for the conference. You will need to register here.Note: Please arrive no later than 8:30 to place your posters. Posters can be no larger than 4’ x 4’ due to space restrictions.
Instructions for Preparing Abstracts
Abstracts will be published EXACTLY as received; please be sure to follow the formatting instructions. It is critical that your abstract is received correctly and on time so that abstracts can be included in the conference abstract guide.
1. The allotted space for an abstract is one page (8.5 x 11) with 1-inch margins.
2. Please write your abstract following guidelines shown in the sample abstract (see below or attached). When you complete the abstract, save it in the name of the presenting author.
3. Abstracts should be submitted in Microsoft Word.
4. Confirmation of receipt of abstract will be sent to the presenting author by e-mail. If the presenting author is not the person submitting the abstract, please indicate in the body of the email.
Submission Deadline: Friday, October 6, 2017, 5pm
Please Capitalize the First Letter of Each Word of the Title and Flush to the Left Margin, in Bold Letters. Start the Author’s Name after Leaving One Line Space.
Smith J1, Abcdefg H1, Ijklmn OP2
1. Department of ___________, Institution
2. Department of ___________, Institution
Corresponding author: Full Name, Department, Institution, 1 Street Name, City, State, E-mail: email@example.com
The body of abstract should contain a statement of the study’s objectives, methods, results, and conclusions. The text should be in English, typed with single line spacing, using 11pt. Times, Times New Roman, or Symbol font for α, β, µ, etc. Paragraphs should be left justified, no indentation and a line space included between paragraphs. Black and white tables, illustrations and photographs may be digitized and pasted within the space. Underlining/Italic type may be used to stress words or phrases.
Funding sources should be acknowledged at the end of the abstract.